JB Air provides expert troubleshooting and air conditioning repair throughout Modesto and the surrounding areas. If your air conditioner is blowing warm air, the house is humid, or the AC system won’t turn on, you can count on our knowledgeable technicians for fast and friendly service. We repair air conditioning equipment from all major brands.
Expert Troubleshooting & Repair Services
Any malfunction in an air conditioner can affect the performance of the entire system. Even a minor problem can make the house too warm or humid and cause your monthly utility costs to increase.
Signs That Your AC Needs Repair:
- Running constantly
- Cycling too frequently
- AC unit blowing hot air
- Emitting an unpleasant odor
- Making strange noises
- Causing rises in your utility costs
Can a Dirty Air Filter Cause AC Not to Cool?
Yes, a clogged air filter can impact your air conditioner’s cooling capabilities, as the buildup of dirt, dust, and other debris impede airflow, thus impacting heat’s ability to be removed from the home. A dirty filter can also affect other components of your air conditioning system.
How Can a Dirty Air Filter Affect My Air Conditioning?
- It can cause your AC system to overheat as it forces your unit to overwork
- It can cause inconsistencies in your cooling
- It can cause a drop in energy efficiency
- It can cause your AC to freeze up
- It can cause your system to run more frequently to achieve the correct temperature
If you find that your filter is not clogged, yet your air conditioner is still not running at optimal performance, it’s best you give the Modesto AC repair pros at JB Air a call today.
Why Does My AC Smell?
When your air conditioner begins emitting an odd odor, it’s often an indication of a problem with your system. However, the specific cause of the smell will vary based on the issue. That's why it's best to contact an air conditioning service expert from our team as soon as possible.
Types of AC Smells & What They Mean:
- If your air conditioner smells like vinegar – the most likely culprit is a build-up of a specific type of mold or bacteria within the system. This may be due to excess condensation, a damaged filter, or that the system isn’t removing water correctly or quick enough. A vinegar odor could also point to the AC’s electric motor releasing ozone which can have a sour scent.
- If your air conditioner smells like rotten eggs – you may be dealing with a potential gas leak. In such cases, it’s imperative you exit the premises and call emergency services.
- If your air conditioner smells like dirty socks – the evaporator coil may have started to grow bacteria within it, indicating that the coil needs to be cleaned.
- If your air conditioner smells like chemicals or exhaust – your system, or it’s condenser, may be leaking fluid, such as refrigerant. If you notice this odor, you’ll need to call in our team of experienced AC repair pros.
If your air conditioner is on the fritz, call (209) 255-6882 for a fast response and precision AC repair in Modesto, CA.